Central air conditioning systems in Salt Lake City can last a long time, but eventually will need replaced. Is your A/C working as efficiently as it used to? Is it running at all? If you are having issues with your central air conditioning system, it is a good time to consider whether you should replace it or repair it.
Do You Need to Replace Your Central A/C?
Here are seven reasons you might want to replace your central A/C:
- Your current system is 10 years or older. Energy efficiency standards have improved over the past decade. Even a system installed a decade ago will not be as efficient as one purchased today.
- Your cooling bills keep going up. As an A/C system ages, it can start requiring more energy to do the same job it did when it was first installed. This means your energy bills go up every cooling season.
- You want to make your home more energy efficient. A brand new, energy efficient central air conditioning system is a greener choice, especially if your old system is highly inefficient.
- The ductwork in your home was installed when it was built. Ducts installed even 10 years ago are likely to have leaks and gaps. This makes them inefficient and will drive up your costs.
- You have rooms in your home that never get comfortable. The cool air never seems to reach those rooms. It may be due to a struggling A/C system or major issues in the ductwork.
- You have high levels of humidity in your home. Air conditioning systems pull humidity out of the air while simultaneously cooling it. If your A/C is not running efficiently, you may be having humidity problems.
- You may have a malfunctioning thermostat. Older thermostats are not as accurate as they were when they were first installed. The temperature on the thermostat may not be what the temperature of the air is.
If you want to talk with an HVAC expert about central air conditioning systems in Salt Lake City, call us here at Rodenhiser Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning.